As a smart homeowner, you should waterproof your foundation. Whether you want to do it to your new home or to an existing one, waterproofing your basement keeps your property safe. If you feel a musty smell in your basement, then some moisture has built up and if it continues then mildew or mould can grow. Apart from damaging your furniture and flooring, moisture can damage your home foundation too. Cracks may appear more water can get on the floor.
While you have different options to waterproof your basement, the exterior basement waterproofing Toronto is highly recommended to avoid any water from entering the foundation of your home. When you clear the earth around the basement wall, you will be able to find out if there are any damages or not, and then you can have a new weeping bed installed to enhance the water drainage away from your house footings. Professional basement waterproofing experts ensure that the area is nicely evacuated, repaired and covered with a sealing membrane. After that, the weeping bed is replaced and gravel is added and the soil is placed back to the area. It brings the property back to its original position.
Getting your house’s basement waterproofed will save you thousands of dollars and you will not have to face any damage to your property and any belongings. Below here is the procedure for external basement waterproofing Toronto:
1. The professionals excavate the soil around the basement from five to eight feet deep and 2.5 feet wide.
2. After the soil is removed, shoring is installed to secure the workers and prevent cave-in of the soil which is present around the house.
3. The weeping tiles are eradicated
4. New 4-inch weeping tiles are installed with a filter cloth and new gravel.
5. The basement walls are cautiously inspected and fully cleaned.
6. Any cracks, voids, and defects are mended with the help of expanded hydraulic cement.
7. If needed, the area is parged with cement. It is done under the situation when the surface of the basement is very rough and uneven.
8. The outer wall is primed which works as an activator to be used for the membrane.
9. Once the layer is sealed, a dimpled drainage membrane sheet is put on the top with the help of a termination bar to make space between the membrane and backfilled soil.
10. If there are windows in the basement, then a window well is made.
11. After the exterior waterproofing is done, the place with backfilled soil is graded away from the basement walls to allow water to fall away from the house.
12. Once the project is done, the professionals will give you a transferable warranty slip for their job.
The procedure for external basement waterproofing isn’t simple. Hence it shouldn’t be done on your own. You should hire professionals to do it for you. Water Proofing PD is your one-stop solution to get all types of waterproofing projects handled in Toronto.