Vinyl is a type of flooring commonly used in many households because of its durability and resiliency. It is a flexible material that is a bit of soft underfoot and made from a layer of PVC plastic. Some have a thin layer of film making it more comfortable to the feet when walked on. Empire Flooring specials offer different forms of vinyl such as:
- Sheet vinyl
- Click-style vinyl plants
- Peel-and-stick backing
What are the advantages of vinyl flooring?
- It is an extremely durable material that can withstand heavy traffic and moisture.
- It is comfortable to walk on because of its warm temperature.
- It is inexpensive and can last for 20 years or so.
- It is available in different patterns and colors.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is ideal to use in the bathroom, kitchen, and other areas of the house that is prone to a water spill. It is also perfect in areas of the house that get a lot of traffic such as mudrooms and basement because it can tolerate moisture.
- It is inexpensive because a square foot costs around $1 to $5. The installation process could cost you around $1 to $2 per foot.
What are the disadvantages of vinyl flooring?
- It varies in quality.
- It does not give many choices in patterns and colors.
- It is prone to scratching when compared to other types of flooring.
- It can have a hallow and echoic effect when you walk on it when installing directly with no under-layer.
- It is not eco-friendly because it is a source of phthalates, a plastic softener that is banned in toys because of its harmful effect on the children’s health and development.
If you are looking for highly durable yet economical flooring, then a vinyl material is a good option. Of course, there are other types of flooring available out there, but the choice depends on your needs, budget, and style preferences. If you are not sure as to what type of flooring to choose, then the best thing to do is to ask the opinion of a flooring expert.