A beautiful lush green garden, with colorful flowers and an exotic fragrance that is how I imagine my garden to look, every time where we relax and enjoy our leisure time. But that is not the case here.
There has been an up growth of mosquitoes recently which do not let you sit in the garden specially in the evenings. Insects are a part of our ecosystem and play an important role in controlling pests. Like wasps they are important in pest eating but become nasty houseguests, their sting is extremely painful.
So here are some ways in which we can prevent them from settling down in your garden:
- Do not let them build their nests in your garden. If you have containers wash them regularly and bins too.
- Wasps attract to sweet smell so they may come to your garden for food or materials for building their nests, buy poison-free wasp traps and fill them with something sweet when the bug comes near it, it will be trapped.
- Plant a peppermint in your garden it repels wasps.
- Another option is to mix water with white vinegar and put it in a spray bottle. A few blasts would kill those nasty bugs away.
- Anti wasps spray and insecticides are available which you can spray on the nests, but after reading the instructions.
- The best idea is to call professionals like My Guy Pest and Lawn Solutions and lets them take care of the problem.
Also as before we were talking about mosquitoes they are small insects but can sometimes be extremely dangerous. Only a fraction of them can cause diseases, but the implications are deadly. Here are some tips to get rid of them:
- Generally, mosquitoes grow in stagnant water, so anywhere in your garden if there is water accumulating, get rid of it.
- The shrubs and trees have a lot of moisture in them, so when they grow a lot more the hiding places of mosquitoes to increase. So like any other professional, I would suggest that trim the leaves and branches of trees and shrubs.
- Lastly, you can go for mosquito treatments, where professionals will spray your garden regularly at intervals of time this will result in the reduction of mosquitoes.
Summing up follow these tips and spends some time in your beautiful garden.